Assignment: Commercial lead for two simultaneous defence sector technology outsourcing contracts
Contract Value: $925m and $80m
Objectives: Implement commercial rigour and assess contracted versus performed obligations to determine over / under delivery and negotiate changes to mitigate any delta
Achievements: Reduced the risk value and avoided a significant Client claim through negotiation of a series of Contract Change Notes.
Post contract role providing commercial and contract management leadership, support and advice to both of the Account Management Teams; providing technology services to two separate private sector defence companies. Supporting a companywide commercial compliance audit and actions, delivery assurance audit and actions and implementing an obligation management system. Implementing best practice commercial methodology and risk management system to mitigate potential liability for non-compliance, secure relief / compensation for failed client dependencies and maximise revenue growth.
- Consolidation of numerous historic CCNs, correspondence, artefacts and various negotiation records and agreements plus internal analysis of the business case / pricing assumptions / financial model to retrospectively formulate and agree a geography specific set of contract terms and relevant statement of works for a wider Global outsourcing contract.
- Briefing the account team on the consolidated contract documents via refresher training.
- Implementation of a delegation of authority and deal review process, retention of documents protocol, financial process from volumetrics to cash flow, product catalogue joint change board, server technology refresh plan and resulting client funding negotiations and service of relief event notices.
- Drafting and agreement of an Inter-company Services Agreement.
- Transfer of scope from a historic agreement to a new service tower under a frame agreement and termination of the historic agreement.
- Price Assessment negotiations and preparation for a benchmarking exercise.