Assignment: Senior Commercial Manager for a multi-billion pound outsourcing project with central government
Contract Value: £3.5 billion
Objectives: Provide leadership and coaching and mentoring of the commercial team to establish new business and also business as usual commercial teams reporting to the Commercial Director
Achievements: Significant improvement to the Prime / Material Sub-contractor relationship and end Client relationship by significant improvement in response time to major change proposals and supporting major strategic changes and shift to virtualisation. Significant improvement to internal dashboard measures via reduction of work at risk, introduction of a risk management process and an obligations management system and more robust client interface based on factual knowledge of the contract terms.
Multi-billion pound outsourcing project with central government.
- Commercial responsibility for managing specific service lines including the integration of two separate outsourcing contracts, negotiation of obligations, qualifying assumptions and work-share agreements.
- High level negotiation with the Prime Contractor and the customer to influence decision making, settle dispute and develop successful long-term relationships
- Leading the New Business / Front End Commercial Team
- Leading the Business As Usual Commercial Team
- Monitoring and managing change across the Contract, including regular reporting and liaising with the Prime Contractor and the customer and responsibility for drafting and approving Contract Change Notes
- Successfully managing new business proposals and customer requests for work packages up to £100 million revenue in line with the five year business plan
- Liaising with and influencing Account Directors, Bid Managers and Procurement Team managing numerous sub-contractors and suppliers to achieve best value quotes and reduce the total cost of ownership
- Innovative problem solving to increase efficiency and achieve year on year savings
- Introducing improved communication, review and reporting mechanisms
- Coaching / mentoring commercial team and disseminating commercial best practice across the contract
- Providing commercial awareness training and production of a Contract Handbook and obligation tracker.